Joint Compost Facility
Facility is for use by residents of Silver Spring Township and/or the Borough of Mechanicsburg and is for yard waste generated on properties from the municipalities listed and transported by the resident or by municipal staff. If you have any questions, please contact Silver Spring Township at (717) 766-0178 or the Borough of Mechanicsburg at (717) 691-3310.
- COMMERCIAL LANDSCAPING BUSINESSES UTILIZING THE FACILITY ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD A COMMERCIAL BUSINESS ACCESS CARD. The cost for a Township business is $900.00, all other businesses located outside of the township will pay $1,500.00.
- Use of the site is at your own risk. Due to the possibility of numerous residents entering and exiting the site simultaneously, there is a need to exhibit extra caution and care when utilizing the facility.
- No skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling or similar activities permitted.
- Facility is protected by 24 hour recorded video surveillance.
- Anyone found in violation of the following rules shall be subject to applicable fines and/or penalties as the law allows.
- Cost of card is not prorated.
- The facility is for the collection of leaves, brush, and shrubbery clippings ONLY
- Grass clippings, garbage, dirt, stones and/or garden waste
- Treated lumber, landscaping timer, cross ties, painted wood, wooden furniture and/or construction & demolition debris
- Trash, household hazardous waste, medical waste, bulky items (appliances, furniture), tires and/or scrap metal
- Branches over 14 inches in diameter and/or tree stumps
- NO BAGS OR CONTAINERS ARE TO BE LEFT AT THE SITE