The Public Works Department will begin collecting leaves along Township-owned roadways starting Monday, October 30th and last until Thursday, November 30th. No Leaf Collection will occur the week of Thanksgiving.
Residents are encouraged to check the Township website for the latest news on changes to scheduling and other updates or changes.
If bagging leaves, use biodegradable bags and take them to the Joint Compost Facility, located at 842 W. Church Road, Mechanicsburg. If you do not have Joint Compost Card, the bagged leaves will be collected by Penn Waste the week of October 16th.
Rules For Collection
- Place leaf piles at the curb no later than 7:00 am on the day of collection
- Provide direct access to the leaves by parking vehicles away from the piles
- Keep the wind in mind, a windy day may blow leaves to your neighbors' yard
- Park in your driveway on collection days and avoid street parking
- Please do not allow your children to play in the piles that are placed by the road
- Mix sticks, branches, animal waste, or other debris in with leaf piles
- Block sidewalks, drains, gutters, or hydrants, or place leaves on the street
- Place leaf piles behind obstacles such as trees, cars, mailboxes, light poles, etc.
- Allow leaf piles to exceed 2-feet in height or width
- Obstruct access to leaf piles; leaves will not be collected if inaccessible
- Grass clippings
Leaf piles containing foreign materials (rocks, toys, tree trimmings, garden or pet waste, etc.). will not be collected as these materials can cause worker injuries and damage to the equipment.