The Public Works Department will begin collecting leaves along Township-owned roadways starting Monday November 2, 2020 . Leaves will be collected the day after your regular trash pickup. Residents are encouraged to check the Township website for the latest news on changes to scheduling and other updates or changes.
Rules For Collection
- Place leaf piles at the curb no later than 7:00 am on the day following your regular trash pickup
- If your trash pick-up is Friday, leaves will be collected on Monday
- Provide direct access to the leaves by parking vehicles away from the piles
- Keep the wind in mind, a windy day may blow leaves to your neighbors' yard
- Park in your driveway on collection days and avoid street parking
- Allow your children to play in the piles that are placed by the road - BE SAFE
- Mix sticks, branches, animal waste, or other debris in with leaf piles
- Block sidewalks, drains, gutters, or hydrants, or place leaves on the street
- Place leaf piles behind obstacles such as trees, cars, mailboxes, light poles, etc.
- Allow leaf piles to exceed 2-feet in height or width
- Obstruct access to leaf piles; leaves will not be collected if inaccessible
Leaf pules containing foreign materials (rocks, toys, tree trimmings, garden or pet waste, etc.). will be passed by as these materials can cause worker injuries and damage to the equipment.
If bagging leaves, use biodegradable bags or take them to the Joint Compost Facility, located at 842 W. Church Road, Mechanicsburg.