The Public Works Department is responsible for park maintenance among its other functions and hires full-time and part-time employees, which are overseen by the Park Maintenance Supervisor.
New Playground Opening Soon!
The playground (pictured right) will be opening very soon at the end of the summer! A dedication ceremony is planned for October.
2019 Park Projects
- Install parking, sidewalks, and new playground at Paul Walters Memorial Park (complete)
- Replace the tot lot playground at Stony Ridge Park (complete)
- Add two picnic areas between the playground at Stony Ridge Park (complete)
- Resurface tennis and basketball courts, adding pickleball lines to both tennis courts (complete)
- Install split rail around parking lot at Hidden Creek Park (complete)
- Foul poles for baseball fields at Stony Ridge Park (in-progress)
Do You Know About the Spotted Lanternfly?
Help stop the spread of this invasive insect that is threatening the northeaster United States, especially southeastern Pennsylvania. Call 1-888-422-3359 or report a sighting from the Penn State Extension website.
Tree-of-heaven, also known as ailanthus, is a rapidly growing deciduous tree native to both northeaster and central China, as well as Taiwan. Spotted Lanternfly are particularly attracted to Tree-of-heaven.
Emerald Ash Borer
The Emerald Ash Borer is an invasive highly destructive wood-boring insect that attacks ash trees. It was detected in Pennsylvania in late June 2007. Article - "My Ash Trees Are Dying, What Do I Do?"
Photo below prepared by Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
Office Location8 Flowers Drive
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
P: 717-766-0178 (Ext. 3003)
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Office Closed on 2/18, 5/27, 7/4, 9/2, 11/28, 11/29, 12/24, 12/25, 12/31, 1/1
Township Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Assistant Township Manager
Public Works Staff Directory
Township Staff Directory