What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a paddle sport that was created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into aquick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
The tennis courts at Pleasant View Park were resurfaced in May of 2019 and now include dual lines for both tennis and pickleball. Converter straps were added to one of the courts to help lower the net to the desired pickleball height. Many have asked what the sport of pickleball is all about, so we provided some information and resources here on this page, including the appropriate net heights. If you'd like to contribute your ideas or offer your support for designated courts in the future, please email email@example.com or call 717-766-0178.
Basics on Pickleball
- A fun sport combining elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong
- Played on a badminton-sized court (20' wide by 44' long, about 1/4 of a tennis court) with a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes.
- Played as doubles or singles.
- The pickleball court
- Quick Overview of Game Rules (USAPA Rules)
- Visit the "Places-2-Play" to find local courts
Other Trends in Recreation
- Mommy-and-Me and Moms-To-Be Fitness Classes
- More Tech in Parks - Drones, Beacon Counters, GPS
- Investment in Park Infrastructure is on the Rise
- Dog Parks & Dog Training Classes in Parks
- Indoor Recreation Facilities Booming
- Ultimate Frisbee Leagues
- Spikeball Leagues
- Running Groups
- Table Tennis Teams
- Animal Yoga (pig yoga, goat yoga, dog yoga, etc.)