Community Update - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Township is making every effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and the health and safety of our residents, vendors and staff is our primary concern. At this time the following facilities are closed. Please check back for updates.
Township Parks - TRAILS ARE OPEN: Maintain 6’ distance from others, avoid crowded areas, carry out all your trash (trash pickup is not available). Restrooms, playgrounds, athletic fields, disc golf course, and pavilions remain closed.
- Township Office - staff are working remotely, please call 717-766-0178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
- Joint Compost Facility
- Silver Spring Tax Office closed to walk-in traffic, a drop box is available by the tax office door.
- Cumberland County Tax Bureau
- Trash and recycling collection as normal, however
- Yard Waste Collection is temporarily suspended until further notice
- Bulk Item Collection is temporarily suspended until further notice
- For more information on paying bills or questions, visit www.pennwaste.com or call (717) 767-4456
Please see below for available services and cancellations during this time.
Stay Apart. Stay Connected.
- All business will be handled by phone (717-766-0178), email (email@example.com), mail (8 Flowers Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050), and the website (www.sstwp.org)
- Call (717) 766-0178 Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4 pm to schedule an appointment, delivery, or speak with a staff member
- All in-person public meetings, through April 30th, are cancelled.
- Call (717) 697-0607 (option 3) to reach an officer or schedule a delivery
- Use the call box to the right of the police office main door to contact the 911 center or call dispatch at (717) 238-9676, (or 911) on your cell phone
- A drop-box is available in the front of their building for prescriptions
- For additional information and updates, visit www.silverspringpolice.com
Building & Codes
- Call (717) 766-0178 Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4 pm to schedule a delivery.
- A drop-box is available in the front of the Township building for bill payments, permit applications, etc.
- A bin is available Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4 pm for bulky items. Call (717) 766-0178 when dropping off bulky items.
Parks & Recreation
- Township parks are closed with the exception of trails, parking lots, and voting facilities
- 5K Jig-Jog, Shred-It and Earth Day Tree Planting events are postponed to the fall season
- Egg Hunt cancelled
- Recreation Programs are postponed through April 30, 2020
- Bus Trips scheduled through April 30, 2020 have been cancelled
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Coronavirus Information (COVID-19)
All 67 Pennsylvania counties are now under a Stay at Home order through April 30.
For the most up to date information on the efforts Pennsylvania is taking against novel coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the DOH website at health.pa.gov. Cases are updated daily at noon.
Please see the information pieces below from PA DOH on masks.
Due to information controversy with the disease, the CDC has offered these facts sheets to help people better understand the virus. Below are three articles on the coronavirus with facts as well as precautionary ideas.
- Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Sick With Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Stop The Spread Of Germs
If you think you or someone you know may have the disease, please seek medical attention.
Questions? Call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)