Local Business Updates During COVID-19 Pandemic
During these tough times, many businesses have changing hours and operations. Some restaurants are still offering takeout and/or delivery. We encourage you to support local businesses. Help us keep this list up-to-date! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additions or changes. You can also call (717) 766-0178.
HomeSlice at Walden: Curbside/Delivery. Open daily 11am-9pm. Order and pay online at homeslicepa.com. 111 Walden Way, Mechanicsburg. (717) 795-4098.
Sophia’s at Walden: Takeout/Curbside. Open Tuesday-Thursday, 11am-7pm; Friday-Saturday, 11am-8pm. 129 Walden Way, Mechanicsburg; (717) 791-0100
ALDI: Open Thursday-Monday, 9am-7pm and Tuesday-Wednesday, 9am-8pm. 6476 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg. https://www.aldi.us/stores/
GIANT Foods: Open daily 6am-10pm, with the first hour dedicated to shoppers 60+ or immunocompromised. Pick-up and delivery time slots are available, but very limited.
Sam’s Club: Open Mon-Sat 9am - 8pm; Sun 10am-6pm. Early shopping hours offered every Tues & Thurs from 7am-9am for seniors and those with disabilities or compromised immune systems. This includes our Pharmacy and Optical Centers.
Wegmans: Open daily 7am-10pm. Delivery and curbside pickup times with Instacart are limited. Also, Instacart now offers a "Leave at My Door" feature.
Orrstown Bank: Effective Wednesday, March 18, we will serve clients at our branches via drive-thru services only until further notice. Branches without drive-thru services will be directed to the nearest drive-up location. Click here to learn what Orrstown is doing in response to COVID-19.
Sports & Fitness
Fleet Feet: Opening May 22 with new safety measures. Hours will be Mon-Fri 10am-7pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-4pm. Book an appointment to visit. 6416 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg; (717) 691-3000
Hempt Brothers: Open for business at both locations and blacktop is available at the Camp Hill Location.
Pennsy Quarry: Current operating schedule
- Best Practices for Retail Food, Restaurants, Pick-Up/Delivery Services (FDA)
- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Keeping Workplaces, Homes, Schools, Commercial Establishments Safe
- Payment Protection Program - loan for small businesses to keep workers on payroll
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- Independent Contractor’s Guide to CARES ACT RELIEF
- Stay Connected with Customers
- OSHA has also issued guidance for returning to work
- Federal Guidelines for Opening Up American Again
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation
- Cumberland County CareerLink for Employers and Job Seekers
- Employee Retention Tax Credit for COVID-19 Impacted Employers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- If your business is subject to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration’s general requirements for employee PPE use, make sure you continue to adhere to those guideline when you reopen.
- Recommendations regarding the use of cloth face coverings, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.